Having the ability to share and remotely connect to your other desktop is an efficient way of managing your desktop machines all controlled from a single keyboard, mouse and monitors. If you use windows as your primary desktop for work and you need a way to also connect to your mac os desktop remotely to do some work or transfer files, this this post is for you. In this post, I will be sharing with you 2 tools I have used and still use on how to access your mac os desktop from windows desktop.
Please note that the tools mentioned here are just the once I have used and have had a much better connection experience with less or no intermittent network loose. There are several other tools out there that does the same and each person does have difference experience with each tools.
Remote Desktop Apps
Teamviewer is one of the most widely used remote access, versatile remote support tool, as well as an online collaboration tool. It is designed to run on multiple operating systems, including platforms such as Windows 10, macOS Sierra, iOS 10, Android 7 Nougat, and Chrome OS, to older operating systems such as Windows XP and OS X 10.8.
- Get the information you need on a remote device within the Remote Device Dashboard, such as a serial number
- You can now transfer files up to 20 times faster, with transfer speeds up to 200 MB/s
- Comes with a remote quicksteps shortcuts for your most-used remote support actions
- Runs multiple remote sessions on macOS in tabs with Sierra’s latest tab-view technology conveniently
- You can now take swift action on pop-ups and email notifications for effective IT support
- Use the remote sticky note to leave a more personalized message behind
- [See full list of features]
Install Teamviewer on Linux
sudo apt-get install gdebi wget https://download.teamviewer.com/download/teamviewer_i386.deb sudo gdebi teamviewer_i386.deb
This is another promising remote desktop tool that allows you to remotely connect to another desktop. What makes anydesk more powerful is not because its the fastest remote desktop software on the market but it was built to efficiently run even in a very slow network connection. One unique feature of anydesk is its interface looks browser-like with tab like bars at the top and an hamburger menu on the right.
- Works with Windows operating systems
- Clipboard contents can be synced
- Portable mode by default
- Various settings are easily accessible from the menu bar
- Alter the connection to create the best possible video quality
- Show remote cursor, as well as transmit sound
- Also disabling control for view-only
- Block the other user’s input
- Also you can take screenshots
- File transfers possible in conjunction with clipboard features
How to install AnyDesk on Linux
sudo apt-get install gdebi wget https://download.anydesk.com/linux/anydesk_2.9.5-1_i386.deb sudo gdebi anydesk_2.9.5-1_i386.deb
sudo apt-get install gdebi wget https://download.anydesk.com/linux/anydesk_2.9.5-1_amd64.deb sudo gdebi anydesk_2.9.5-1_amd64.deb