GitKraken 3.0 recently released, is the most popular Git GUI client tool for Windows, Mac OS, as well as Linux platform. GitKran makes Git operations not only performance based and efficient, but understandable, visually appealing, and perhaps even just a little bit fun to use. You can download GitKraken below and if you fancy running it on your linux platform, see at end of page how to install GitKraken on Ubuntu & CentOS/RHEL.
GitKraken Key Features
- It has a visual interaction and hints
- Can easily adapts to user’s workspace, as well as supports submodules and Gitflow
- Supports multiple profiles, including support for single-click undo and redo functions
- Has a built-in merge tool, as well as a fast, intuitive search tool
- Its 100% standalone software
- Does integrates with a user’s GitHub or Bitbucket account
GitKraken 3.0 Changelog
- Super size those files: Git LFS support has arrived!
- You can now select multiple files faster than going through the drive-thru! Simply use Shift or Control/CMD to multi-select files to perform any of the following actions:
- Context menus
- The right panel was looking a little beefy under the hood, so we slimmed it down a quarter pound and optimized the following:
- File Tree view navigation with arrow keys
- Scrolling through the file list
- Repository deletion should provide an error message if there is a file lock(s) preventing deletion.
Note: GitKraken comes both as a commercial version (pro version) and non-commercial version (free version). Also the PRO version has more attractive features, so feel free to support the developers.
How to install GitKraken 3.0 on Ubuntu 17.04, Ubuntu 16.10, Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 12.04, Debian Flavors
wget https://release.gitkraken.com/linux/gitkraken-amd64.tar.gz sudo tar xvf gitkraken-amd64.tar.gz sudo mv gitkraken /opt/ cd /opt/gitkraken ./gitkraken
How to uninstall app from Ubuntu, Debian
sudo rm /opt/gitkraken #folder
How to install GitKraken 3.0 on CentOS 6, 7, RHEL, Fedora
- First you need to install required dependencies
yum install dnf dnf install libXScrnSaver dnf check-update && dnf upgrade
- Next install the app
wget https://release.gitkraken.com/linux/gitkraken-amd64.tar.gz tar -xvzf gitkraken-amd64.tar.gz sudo rsync -va --delete-after gitkraken/ /opt/GitKraken/ cd /opt/GitKraken ./gitkraken