Gravit Designer 3.2 recently released, is a cross-platform, free alternative adobe illustrator design tool for the 21st century, hence empowering everyone to design. Since its multi-platform, its available on Windows, Mac, Linux as well as Chrome OS and comes with web and desktop apps. Download Gravit Designer below.
It has been custom designed from the ground up with an emphasis on versatility, fluidity and elegance – complex design tasks are made simple through its robust suite of tools and highly responsive smart work environment.
Gravit Designer offers a unique design and interaction possibilities to designing everything ranging from logos to illustration and interactive prototypes for web, mobile and more.
Gravit Designer Features
- Comes with an advanced style-sharing feature which makes it possible to share design assets between multiple documents, unifying your designs and saving you time
- Creating assets has never been easier – from common tasks like color palette selection to more advanced techniques like applying multiple-layered visual effects, the custom-designed styling system allows you to create complex and elegant designs with ease
- Features like robust typography tools, paste-inside support, and a versatile context-sensitive user interface have all been laid out with efficiency in mind
- Offers a streamlined work space meaning a fluid workflow and a greater focus on what really matters – your creativity
Gravit Designer 3.2 Changelog
- Groups can be created from individual layers.
- Layers are highlighted in the Layers panel when you hover them on the canvas.
- “Make exportable” also includes the PDF file format.
- While showing the measurements guides with Alt, it’s still possible to move layers.
- Assets are exported with lowercase file endings.
- Tutorials were moved into the “Help” menu in the menu bar.
- Checking the “Keep Ratio” switch also applies to elements that are resized on the canvas.
- All icons from icons8.com are available in the Libraries tab.
- Simplified image cropping: It’s not only easier to catch the selection handles, but also to move the image inside the frame and to reset it.
- Anchoring also works for groups, not only for individual elements.
- Clicking on the font size field selects the value to enable quick changes.
- The grid is now shown no matter if you switch it on in the inspector or the menu bar.
- New checkbox “Scale font on resizing” for text layers, that lets you decide whether the text frame is resized or the font size itself.
- New “Flatten” option (from “Modify” in the menu bar) converts the currently selected layer or group to a flattened bitmap. This is mainly to reduce the complexity of resized images or elaborate vectors.
- Text border isn’t cut anymore when set to outside.
- Tooltips don’t cover other important interface parts anymore and aren’t cut off.
- Text colors correctly appear in “In use” area in the color dialog.
- Zoom with mouse wheel jumps to predefined instead of random sizes.
- Multiple groups can be ungrouped at the same time.
- Lasso tool adds and removes points correctly.
- When rotating a group, the rotation handles rotate with the object and show the correct angle.
- Shared styles are added correctly when copied from one design to another.
- Zoom in and out and “View > Fit Selection” work correctly under all circumstances.
- Round and shape endings on a path work together correctly.
- Massive improvements to Sketch import.
- Noise fill works under all conditions.
- Setting the background color in the export dialog works correctly.
- Open dialogs stay in the correct place when the window is resized.
- Holding Alt and scrolling down with the mouse wheel in input fields decreases the value correctly.
- Lines also snap to pixels when dragging.
- Accidental change of values with the scroll wheel in input fields minimized.
- Various fixes for “Text on path” and pages.
- Imported fonts and system fonts work more reliably. The former can also be removed now.
- Printing works in all circumstances now.