MediaPortal 1.18.0 recently released, is an open-source media center app that transforms your desktop to a complete media workstation. MediaPortal runs on a very basic hardware, hence you can connect it directly to your TV to display your favorite TV Series, Movies, Photos as well as play Music. Lets take a quick look at its features and what this pre release offers.
- Allows you to watch, schedule as well as record live TV – like a TiVo, etc and its all for free
- You can play videos, movies, DVDs as well as Blu-ray discs
- Listen to music and radio
- Entertain yourself with pictures, home videos or create a slideshow
- You can also stream media, radio as well as TV to any HTPC / PC connected to your network
- Use a remote to control your HTPC from your couch
- Check the weather, news, and more
- Access MediaPortal from the web or mobile device
MediaPortal 1.18.0 Changelog
- Added support for the spectrum analyzer plugin (to be seen in e.g. MusicNowPlaying)
- Fixed some issues with TSReader where RTSP timeouts were too short in some situations as well as seeking in recordings could trigger end-of-file if extra buffering delay is enabled in registry.
- Addressed an issue where MP was not able to find the correct Audio Renderer Device.
- Resolved an issue where TV channels were removed when selecting “Edit Recording” in EPG.
- Added PowerOff events to the InputHandler mapping.
- Added the possibility of bulk deletion in TV Recordings.
- Fixed an issue in MyVideos where file deletion failed when the file was playing.
- Significantly reduced the CPU load on BasicHome for skins using a lot of skin expressions (from BasicHome Editors) and therefore optimized the rendering times.
How to install MediaPortal on Windows. This app is currently not available for Linux platforms