Notepad++ 7.5.1 recently released, is a source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several programming languages and natural languages. It currently supports MS Windows environment hence can only run on Windows platform. Before we proceed to download notepad++, lets take a quick look at notepad++ features and what the latest release offers.
- Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting and Folding: screenshot 1, screenshot 2, screenshot 3 and screenshot 4
- PCRE (Perl Compatible Regular Expression) Search/Replace
- GUI entirely customizable: minimalist, tab with close button, multi-line tab, vertical tab and vertical document list
- Document Map
- Auto-completion: Word completion, Function completion and Function parameters hint
- Multi-Document (Tab interface)
- WYSIWYG (Printing)
- Zoom in and zoom out
- Multi-Language environment supported
- Macro recording and playback
- Launch with different arguments
Notepad++ 7.5.1 Changelog
- Fixed some excluded language cannot be remembered bug.
- Fixed the bug that Notepad++ create “%APPDATA%\local\notepad++” folder in local conf mode.
- Added Visual Prolog language support.
- Fixed a localization regression bug.
- Added auto-completion support for batch file (*.bat).
- Enhanced the Shortcut Mapper by adding category column.
- Make double click work for language menu disabling/enabling in preferences dialog.
- Make double click work to improve file extension movement in Preferences dialog.
- Fixed bug: language menu item is restored back on the wrong zone.
- Added a spiritual quote.