Protect your privacy. Defend yourself against network surveillance and traffic analysis.
Tor Browser 7.0.5 recently released, is a security browser that protects your browsing privacy from network surveillance and traffic analysis on the internet. Tor Browser runs on Windows, Mac OSX, as well as Linux OS without needing to install any software. Before we proceed to download tor browser, lets see what else tor offers.
Furthermore, Tor app protects your internet connection by bouncing your communications around a distributed network of relays run by volunteers all around the world. Also it prevents somebody from watching your Internet connection and learning what sites you visit, it prevents the sites you visit from learning your physical location, and it lets you access sites which are blocked.
Tor Browser Features
- Its key feature is it runs a complex data encryption on all data sent out to the internet
- The network is so large, hence its able to hadle millions of user traffics
- Runs on Linux, Windows as well as Mac OS
- Your privacy is protected by providing anonymity to servers as well as websites
- Your IP Address is protected hence its not revealved
- Blocked websites can be accessed since its an open network
- It runs on its own without installing it on your machine, hence you can easily run it off a usb drive
Tor Browser 7.0.5 Changelog
This latest release makes HTTPS-Everywhere compatible with Tor Browser on higher security levels as well as ensures that browser windows on macOS are properly rounded.
- Updated Torbutton to 22.214.171.124, as well as NoScript to 5.0.9
- Fixed the dimensions of new windows on macOS
- Few more translations update
- Updated HTTPS-Everywhere to 2017.8.31
- Added new obfs4 bridge to the built-in ones
- Fixed the broken HTTPS-Everywhere on higher security levels
- NoScript settings break WebExtensions add-ons
Install Tor Browser 7.0.5 on Ubuntu OS
wget https://www.torproject.org/dist/torbrowser/7.0.5/tor-browser-linux32-7.0.5_en-US.tar.xz tar -xvf tor-browser-linux32-7.0.5_en-US.tar.xz cd tor-browser_en-US/ ./start-tor-browser.desktop
wget https://www.torproject.org/dist/torbrowser/7.0.5/tor-browser-linux64-7.0.5_en-US.tar.xz tar -xvf tor-browser-linux64-7.0.5_en-US.tar.xz cd tor-browser_en-US/ ./start-tor-browser.desktop
Uninstall Tor Browser from Ubuntu
sudo apt-get remove tor-browser rm -r ~/.tor-browser-en