If you are one Google Chromes active users, you may have noticed at some point that the home button isn’t showing. This is one of many hidden items in google chrome interface to help decongest the menu bar. So in this post, we will be showing you how to enable Google Chrome Home Button in the chrome’s toolbar since this isn’t enabled by default.
Enable Google Home Button
- First open your Chrome browser
- Next click on the main menu button, which is denoted by three dots located in the upper right corner of the browser screen
- From the drop-down menu, click on Settings. Another quicker way to do this is to enter the following text into the Chrome’s address bar “chrome://settings”. This would display the chrome’s settings interface in the screen
- From here, go the Appearance section, and find the option labeled “Show Home button”. You can also get to this point directly by entering the following text in chrome browser “chrome://settings/appearance“
- So all you need to do at this stage is to click the switch button next to Show Home button to enable it. You could also use the opportunity to enable the “Bookmark bar”
- Leave the default option “New Tab page” and close the tab
- As seen, you will have noticed a small home icon appearing beside the address bar. So when you click on the icon, it display a blank page
Please note that this process works for users running chrome on the following operating systems “Windows, Linux, Mac OSX etc.