Blender 2.79 recently released by the blender foundation, is a free 3D animation creation app. It supports a 3D modeling, rigging, animation, simulation, rendering, compositing as well as motion tracking, video editing and game creation. Blender 3D Animation has a wide variety of tools making it suitable for almost any sort of media production. People and studios around the world use it for hobby projects, commercials, feature films, games and other interactive applications like kiosks, games and scientific research.
Blender 3D Animation Key Features
- Blender is a fully integrated 3D content creation suite, offering a broad range of essential tools, including Modeling, Rendering, Animation, Video Editing, VFX, Compositing, Texturing, Rigging, many types of Simulations, and Game Creation.
- Cross platform, with an OpenGL GUI that is uniform on all major platforms (and customizable with Python scripts).
- High-quality 3D architecture enabling fast and efficient creation work-flow.
- Excellent community support from forums and IRC.
- Small executable size, optionally portable.
Blender 2.78c Key Hightlights
- Cycles: Built-in Denoising, Shadow catcher, Principled shader, AMD OpenCL optimizations.
- Grease Pencil: New frame interpolation tools, per-layer onion skinning.
- Alembic: Improvements to compatibility, stability and support.
- User Interface: Initial support for reusable custom configurations, automatic DPI scaling.
- Twenty Three new and several updated add-ons.
- And: 100s of bug fixes and other improvement
- [See release notes for full details]
Install Blender 3D Animation on Ubuntu 17.04, Ubuntu 16.10, Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf, Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet, Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr and derivative systems like Linux Mint 17.2 Rafaela, Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca, Linux Mint 17 Qiana, Pinguy OS 14.04, Elementary OS 0.3 Freya, Deepin 2014, Peppermint 6, Peppermint 5, LXLE 14.04 and Linux Lite 2
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:thomas-schiex/blender sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install blender
How to uninstall Blender from Ubuntu
sudo apt-get remove blender