Dropbox is a cloud storage application and service that enables users to store and sync files online and between computers. It comes as a cross-platform client app hence supporting the following operating systems “Windows, Mac, Linux as well as Android”. Furthermore, dropbox enables users to drop any file into a Dropbox folder that is then synced to the web and users of other computers with the Dropbox client installed on them. Files in the Dropbox folder may then be shared with other Dropbox users or accessed from the web. Users may also upload files manually through a web browser. Before we install dropbox on ubuntu, lets see its features.
- Offers you a 2 GB online storage for free.
- Able to transfer only changed/new content.
- All business accounts are supported and starts with 1 TB online storage with 5 Users.
- Also it’s available for all known platforms Windows, Mac and Linux.
- You can get up-to 16 GB online storage with referrals.
- Available for most of the mobile platforms Symbian, Android, as well as iOS.
- Available for most of the devices Laptops, Desktops, Servers, Mobile – Blackberry, iPhone, as well as ipad.
- Works even when you are working offline.
- Can be configured to set bandwidth limit.
- Furthermore, files are available on the go.
- In addition, pro Dropbox account gets 500GB online storage.
- Also you can edit files in real-time directly
- Easy sharing as well as User-Friendly file upload.
How to install Dropbox on Ubuntu 16.10, Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 15.10, Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 14.04 and Ubuntu 14.10
sudo apt-get install gdebi wget https://linux.dropboxstatic.com/packages/debian/dropbox_2.10.0_i386.deb sudo gdebi dropbox_2.10.0_i386.deb
sudo apt-get install gdebi wget https://linux.dropboxstatic.com/packages/debian/dropbox_2.10.0_amd64.deb sudo gdebi dropbox_2.10.0_amd64.deb
How to install Dropbox on CentOS, Fedora, RHEL
wget https://linux.dropboxstatic.com/packages/fedora/nautilus-dropbox-2.10.0-1.fedora.i386.rpm rpm -Uvh nautilus-dropbox-2.10.0-1.fedora.i386.rpm
wget https://linux.dropboxstatic.com/packages/fedora/nautilus-dropbox-2.10.0-1.fedora.x86_64.rpm rpm -Uvh nautilus-dropbox-2.10.0-1.fedora.x86_64.rpm
- After installation is completed, start dropbox and follow the on screen setup to download the most recent update if any