KeePass Password Safe 1.34 recently released, is a safe password management app for people looking to secure their personal data. It has a light interface, as well as a cross platform tool. Lets take a look at its key features, before we install KeePass Password Safe on ubuntu.
KeePass Key Features
- It supports the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES, Rijndael) as well as the Two-fish algorithm to encrypt its password databases
- Comes with feature to clear the clipboard automatically some time after you’ve copied one of your passwords into it
- Offers a one master password decrypts the complete database
- It is portable, hence can be carried on an USB stick as well as it runs on Windows systems without being installed
- It does not store anything on your system
- Supports password list export to various formats like TXT, HTML, XML as well as CSV
- It can generate strong random passwords for you
- Furthermore, KeePass uses the common CSV export format of various passwords safes like Password Keeper and Password Agent
- You can create, modify as well as delete groups, in which passwords can be sorted into
- Supports time fields: creation time, last modification time, last access time and expiration time
- KeePass can minimize itself as well as type the information of the currently selected entry into dialogs, webforms, etc
- [See Full feature details]
KeePass 1.34 Changelog
KeePass 1.34 mainly features integration and user interface enhancements, and various other minor new features and improvements.
Hash sums and OpenPGP signatures for integrity checking are available, and program binaries are digitally signed (Authenticode). New translations are available, too.
- Printing now works even when the default browser doesn’t support the ‘Print’ shell verb.
- Added workaround for Wine not supporting EM_PASTESPECIAL.
- Improved error handling when there is too few memory for saving a database.
- When attaching a file fails, a detailed error message is displayed now.
- KeePass now refuses to attach files that are larger than 512 MB (as larger files can result in memory problems).
- Increased default number of AES-KDF rounds.
- Updated links (to the website, help pages, etc.).
- Upgraded to Boost libraries version 1.65.1.
- Various code optimizations.
- Minor other improvements.
How to install KeePass Password Safe 1.34 Password Manager on Ubuntu 17.04, Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 14.04
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:jtaylor/keepass sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install keepass2
How to remove KeePass Password Safe from Ubuntu
sudo apt-get remove keepass2