Kodi is one of the most popular premier open-source home entertainment media player, that can be installed on desktop, laptops, Mac OSX, Linux machines, Android phones, as well as TV streamers running Android architecture (e.g Fire TV Stick). Kodi once known as Xbox Media Center (XBMC) allows you to access local video and files stored on your hard drive, ans play them. What makes Kodi very powerful is the vast add-ons available publicly and developed by individuals in the Kodi community.
In this post, we will show you how to install Kodi on Amazon Firestick or Fire TV, and this method does not require any desktop computer. For this purpose of this guide, we will be using a piece of software called Downloader App (v1.1.4) by the AFTVNews. This is the best method of installing Kodi on Firestick compared on other methods out there.
Warning: Use VPN
Before you begin, first we recommend you using a VPN to help protect your online identity. IPVanish are a great VPN providers that provides you with a secured connection that is also fast and its widely used by the Kodi community. IPVanish offers you 25% off any of their packages. Each packages allows you to connect 5 devices to an encrypted VPN connection at any one time.
Why you need a VPN
- Helps to hide your streaming activity from snooping ISPs
- Some third-party Kodi add-ons and builds can be hijacked by hackers, hence leaving you and your computer system vulnerable to attack
1 – Install IPVanish VPN on a Firestick or Amazon FireTV
- Power on your FireStick or Amazon FireTV
- Select Apps > then press the button in the middle of your Amazon remote to bring up the sub-menu under Apps
- Click on Categories and select Utility
- Next locate IPVanish VPN and select it
- Click the “Get” button to download and install IPVanish app
- After the installation > click Open and then sign into app using your IPVanish account
- Now select a server location of your choice and connect
2 – Install Kodi on Amazon Firestick
- First power on your Fire Stick > Select Settings > Select Device > Select Developer Options> Select Apps from Unknown Sources and turn it ON. Accept the warning message to continue.
- Now press home button on your remote to go back to the home screen
- Highlight Apps and press the middle button on your Amazon remote to bring up a sub-menu under Apps
- Now go to Categories > Select Utility located at the bottom > Continue to scroll down till you locate Downloader, then click on it
- Then click the “Get” option to install Downloader
- On installation completion, click the Open button
- In the URL field, enter the following address to download kodi 17.4.x “http://bit.ly/2i6DXH1”.
- Ensure the url correct and then click the Download button to start the download
- When download completes > click on Install to begin Kodi installation
- When the installation completes, click the Open button to launch Kodi. But before you do that, ensure your VPN is up and running
3 – How to uninstall Kodi from Amazon Firestick
In the event that something goes wrong, and you need to remove kodi, then follow the steps below to successfully remove kodi from the firestick
- Go to the home screen > click on Settings > Applications > Manage installed applications
- Scroll down and select Kodi
- Click Uninstall, and Uninstall again to confirm this action
Get Your IPVanish VPN Now
- Access geo-restricted content from anywhere
- Encrypt and anonymise your traffic
- No logs of your traffic
- Kill Switch: Kills network if VPN connection is lost
- Prevent ISP throttling
- 7 day money back guarantee