OpenToonz Animation Maker is an app that enables you to create 2D animations for movies or films such as Spirited Away and many TV shows like Steven Universe as well as Futurama. It is based on the software “Toonz” and its free hence it can be used both for personal and commercial purpose. Lets take a look at OpenToonz features before we install OpenToonz Animation Maker on Ubuntu.
OpenToonz Animation Maker Features
- Introduced Startup popup on launch of the software
- “Organize palette” and “Update colors by using picked position” features for the workflow using raster level as a color model
- Linked styles enabled
- Introduced option for disabling onionskin during playback
- Enabled switching the current style using numpad keys
- Reverted auto center options to Cleanup Settings panel
- Enabled to set additional project root locations
- Added a save all button to the close dialog, as well as load image for onion skin button to Camera Capture
- Introduced easy input feature for the Style Name Editor
- Added button for video capture filter control to Camera Capture (only for Windows)
- Improved Convert command from non AA raster images to painted TLV
- Introduced shortcuts selection choice as well as new shortcuts presets
- Also introduced Locator sub-window for showing close-up image at mouse position
- Enabled sound playback in the viewer.
- Introduced “Fast Render to MP4” command
- Added ‘spritesheet’ for the output format options.
- Introduced Audio Recording Popup
- See release notes for all releases including bugfixes and enhancements
How to install OpenToonz on Ubuntu 17.04, Ubuntu 16.10, Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 14.04
sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://archive.getdeb.net/ubuntu $(lsb_release -sc)-getdeb apps" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/getdeb.list' wget -q -O- http://archive.getdeb.net/getdeb-archive.key | sudo apt-key add - sudo apt update && sudo apt install opentoonz
How to uninstall OpenToonz from Ubuntu
sudo apt remove opentoonz