RawTherapee 5.3 recently released, is a free cross-platform raw image processing app that is written in C++ using a GTK+ front-end. RawTherapee uses a patched version of dcraw for reading raw files, as well as an in-house solution which adds the highest quality support for certain camera models unsupported by dcraw. Also it enhances the accuracy of certain raw files already supported by dcraw. Before we proceed to install RawTherapee 5.3 on Ubuntu, lets take a quick look at its features.
- All the standard features you would expect from a raw developer and much more
- A batch processing queue to make tweaking a photo as fast as possible while leaving the CPU grunt work queued up for later
- Floating point engine – the only raw developer on the market which does all calculations in precise floating point notation so nothing gets rounded off and lost
- SSE optimizations for better performance on modern CPUs
- Support for reading and tone-mapping 16-bit, 24-bit and 32-bit floating-point HDR images in the DNG format
- Support for DCP and ICC color profiles, for precise colors or for replicating the “camera look” to match out-of-camera JPEG images
- A history panel to easily see what changes you made and jump back to a specific point
- A snapshot panel to work with multiple versions of changes to a photo
- [see feature listing for more]
RawTherapee 5.3 Changelog
- CIECAM02 enhanced with control over the scene and viewing conditions.
- CIECAM02-friendly “Average Surround” color theme and L* middle gray preview background color, takes into account human vision and color appearance with regard to the surrounding color.
- Manually save the collapsed/expanded state of tools.
- Lensfun support, for automatic (and manual) profiled lens correction.
- ACES, DCI-P3 Theater and DCI-P3 D65 output color profiles.
- Numerous speed optimizations and bug fixes.
How to install RawTherapee 5.3 on Ubuntu 16.10 & Ubuntu 16.04
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:dhor/myway sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install rawtherapee
How to remove RawTherapee 5.0 from Ubuntu
sudo apt-get remove rawtherapee