SuperTuxKart 3D is an open-source 3D kart racing game with a variety characters, tracks, and modes to play. The game idea was to create a game that is more fun than realistic, and provide an enjoyable experience for all ages.
In the game mode, you must face the evil Nolok, and defeat him in order to make the Mascot Kingdom safe once again! You can race by yourself against the computer, compete in several Grand Prix cups, or try to beat your fastest time in Time Trial mode. You can also race with up to four friends on one PC, or battle each other in multiplayer arenas. Network multiplayer modes are currently under development.
SuperTuxKart 3D Features
- Has over 20 tracks and arenas
- Supports split-screen multiplayer
- Comes with many game modes such as:
- Grand Prix
- Single Race
- Time Trial
- 3-Strikes Battles
- Has fun characters
- Offers free addons repository
- Runs on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X
SuperTuxKart 0.9.3 Changelog
- Reduced RAM and VRAM usage, reducing load times by Auria and Benau
- New kart Wilbert, as well as kart Hexley by Jymis
- New tracks Cornfield Crossing and Candela City by samuncle
- Physics improvements and various physics bugfixes by hiker
- Kart GFX improvements (exhaust and headlight)
- In-game screen recording feature by Benau and Stragus
- Bug fixes on the old render pipeline by Benau and Stragus
- Hardware skinning
- New smoother camera by Auria
- New grand prix win scene
- Gamepad configuration bugfixes
- 3 Strikes Battles : added spare tire karts
- Various improvements (wall driving fixes, parachutes, GP points, cannon fixes, colorization shader)
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 660 GTX or AMD Radeon HD 7870 series card or higher
- CPU: Intel Core I7 or AMD processor, 3.07 GHz or faster.
- At least 2 GB VRAM (video memory).
- At least 4 GB of RAM
- Disk space: 700MB
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 470 GTX, AMD Radeon 6870 HD series card or or Intel HD Graphics 3000
- CPU: Intel Core I5 or AMD processor, 2.8 GHz or faster.
- At least 1 GB VRAM (video memory).
- At least 3 GB of RAM
- Disk space: 700MB
Install SuperTuxKart 0.9.3 on Ubuntu 16.10, Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 15.10, Ubuntu 14.04
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:stk/daily sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install supertuxkart-data
Uninstall SuperTuxKart from Ubuntu
sudo apt-get remove supertuxkart
Install SuperTuxKart 0.9.3 on Debian, Fedora and Arch Linux
Note: As at the time of making this post, the v0.9.3 download files where yet to be made available but same steps for v0.9.2 applies