Sweet Home 3D 5.5.2 recently released, is a free interior design application that helps you arrange your furniture’s on a 2D house plan, and preview the results in 3D. Sweet Home comes with 50 pieces of furniture, but you can also import some additional objects in if needed. You may draw the walls of your rooms upon the image of an existing plan, and then, drag and drop furniture onto the plan from a catalog organized by categories. Each change in the 2D plan is simultaneously updated in the 3D view, to show you a realistic rendering of your layout.
Sweet Home 3D Features
- Draw straight, round or sloping walls with precise dimensions using the mouse or the keyboard.
- Insert doors and windows in walls by dragging them in the plan, and let Sweet Home 3D compute their holes in walls.
- Add furniture to the plan from a searchable and extensible catalog organized by categories such as kitchen, living room, bedroom, bathroom…
- Change color, texture, size, thickness, location and orientation of furniture, walls, floors and ceilings.
- While designing the home in 2D, simultaneously view it in 3D from an aerial point of view, or navigate into it from a virtual visitor point of view.
- Annotate the plan with room areas, dimension lines, texts and show the North direction with a compass rose.
- Create photorealistic images and videos with the ability to customize lights and control sunlight effect according to the time of day and geographic location.
- Import home blueprint to draw walls upon it, 3D models to complete default catalog, and textures to customize surfaces.
- Print and export PDFs, bitmap or vector graphics images, videos and 3D files in standard file formats.
- Extend the features of Sweet Home 3D with plug-ins programmed in Java, or by developing a derived version based on its Model View Controller architecture.
- Choose the language displayed in the user interface of Sweet Home 3D and its rich help from 18 languages
Sweet Home 3D 5.5.2 Changelog
- Fixed photo creation at the two lowest quality levels when two monitors are used.
- Fixed how lights in groups are rendered at the two best quality levels in the photo creation tool.
- Upgraded Java 3D to version 1.6.0 for the Mac OS X distributions running under Java 6 (Mac OS X 10.6.8 to 10.13), leaving the JAR Executable as the only version able to run Sweet Home 3D under Mac OS X 10.4 and 10.5, and/or PowerPC.
- Other minor bugs fixes and enhancements.
How to install Sweet Home 3D on Ubuntu 17.04, Ubuntu 16.10, Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 14.04, CentOS 7
cd ~ wget https://netix.dl.sourceforge.net/project/sweethome3d/SweetHome3D/SweetHome3D-5.5.2/SweetHome3D-5.5.2-linux-x86.tgz tar -xzvf SweetHome3D-5.5.2-linux-x86.tgz rm SweetHome3D-5.5.2-linux-x86.tgz cd SweetHome3D-5.5.2/ ./SweetHome3D
cd ~ wget https://kent.dl.sourceforge.net/project/sweethome3d/SweetHome3D/SweetHome3D-5.5.2/SweetHome3D-5.5.2-linux-x64.tgz tar -xzvf SweetHome3D-5.5.2-linux-x64.tgz rm SweetHome3D-5.5.2-linux-x64.tgz cd SweetHome3D-5.5.2/ ./SweetHome3D
How to remove Sweet Home 3D from Ubuntu
- Simply delete the SweetHome3D folder
sudo rm /SweetHome3D*