TeamSpeak is your ideal voice and text chat app for online gaming, education and training, internal business communication, and staying in touch with friends and family. The key focus is to deliver a solution that is easy to use, with high security standards, excellent voice quality, and low system and bandwidth usage. It features a client-server architecture, and its capable of handling thousands of simultaneous users.
TeamSpeak is very popular especially amongst online gamblers, as well as for education. Its great for business communication, training and keeping in touch with friends and family. It runs on Linux, Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X OSes, as well as on the Android and iOS mobile platforms.
TeamSpeak Key Features
- Integrated automatic microphone volume adjustment, background noise reduction, and echo cancellation ensures crystal clear communication
- Client-Server architecture allows you to scale from small group conversations to large conferences with thousands of participants
- Designed with privacy in mind, we do not have no access to your voice or text chat data, and there is no sign-up required
- Also you can maximize your online collaborative experience. Store and share files directly on the server without having to mess with firewall issues
- TeamSpeak features Positional Audio support. Place your team mates around you or conference speakers in front of the audience
- [See feature section for full list]
TeamSpeak 3.1.6 Changelog
- Added Server Nicknames feature. Register a server nickname on the myTeamSpeak.com webpage to let users easily connect to your TS3 server.
- Added support for new server property and permission, which allows you to enter registered server nicknames as server property to display it to all users on this server
- Support for new black/graylist backend, as well as new server license features
- Don’t spam “failed to connect to myteamspeak server” notifications. Show it once after client start and then again only in intervals of 6 hours
- Furthermore, windows sound backend overhaul continued
- Also fixed crashes reported by crashdumps
How to Install TeamSpeak 3.1.6 on Ubuntu 17.04, Ubuntu 16.10, Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 14.04
wget http://dl.4players.de/ts/releases/3.1.6/TeamSpeak3-Client-linux_x86-3.1.6.run sudo chmod +x TeamSpeak3-Client-linux_x86-3.1.6.run ./TeamSpeak3-Client-linux_x86-3.1.6.run cd TeamSpeak3-Client* ./ts3client_runscript.sh
wget http://dl.4players.de/ts/releases/3.1.6/TeamSpeak3-Client-linux_amd64-3.1.6.run sudo chmod +x TeamSpeak3-Client-linux_amd64-3.1.6.run ./TeamSpeak3-Client-linux_amd64-3.1.6.run cd TeamSpeak3-Client* ./ts3client_runscript.sh
- After installation is completed, you will get a prompt to login or create a new account since this would have been your first time