Telegram Desktop Messenger 1.1.23 recently released, is an open-source telegram messaging client that runs on various platforms such as Linux, Windows, Mac OS, as well as available for Android, iPhone / iPad and WordPress. One unique features of telegram is that it can be used on all multiple devices at the same time, hence having your messages synced seamlessly across any of your phones, tablets or computers.
Let’s take a quick look Telegram Desktop Messenger features.
Telegram Desktop Messenger Features
- Connect from most remote locations
- Coordinate groups of up to 5000 members
- Synchronize your chats across all your devices
- Send documents of any type
- Encrypt personal and business secrets
- Destruct your messages with a timer
- Store your media in the cloud
- Build your own tools on our API
- Enjoy feedback from your customers
- The messages are heavily encrypted and can self-destruct
- Also it lets you access your messages from multiple devices
- Delivers messages faster than any other application
- The servers are spread worldwide for security and speed
- It has an open API as well as protocol free for everyone
- It is free forever. No ads. No subscription fees
- Furthermore, it keeps your messages safe from hacker attacks
- Also has no limits on the size of your media and chats
Telegram Desktop Changelog
- See the message author photo and name while searching specific chat messages.
- Fix “Send To” menu action on Windows
- Bug fixes and other minor improvements
- Groups with unread mentions and replies are now marked with an ‘@’ badge in the chats list.
- Navigate new mentions and replies in a group using the new ‘@’ button.
- Mark your stickers as “favorite” to quickly access them from the redesigned sticker panel.
- Add an official sticker set for your group which all members will be able to use while chatting in your group (100+ member groups only).
Install Telegram Desktop 1.1.23 on Ubuntu 17.04, Ubuntu 16.10, Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 14.04
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:atareao/telegram sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install telegram
Uninstall Telegram Desktop from Ubuntu
sudo apt-get remove telegram
Install Telegram Messenger on Fedora 22
sudo dnf install dnf-plugins-core sudo dnf copr enable rommon/telegram && sudo dnf install telegram-desktop