WinSCP 5.11.2 recently released, is an open-source free SFTP client, FTP client, WebDAV client as well as SCP client for Windows platform. Furthermore, WinSCP enables you to transfer files between a local machine and a remote machine. Also WinSCP offers scripting feature as well as basic file manager functionality. Lets take a quick look at its features.
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into many languages
- Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons, jump list)
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH and FTP as well as WebDAV protocols
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface and .NET assembly for advanced programming tasks
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Shares site settings with PuTTY
- Offers support for password, keyboard-interactive, public key as well as Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
- Explorer as well as Commander interfaces
- Optionally protects stored site information with master password
- Also supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
WinSCP 5.11.2 Changelog
- Translations added: Russian; and updated: Czech, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian and Spanish.
- Panel font sample on Preferences dialog is wrapped.
- Stopping monitoring a drive when a drive removal is announced, to allow removing the drive (particularly required for VeraCrypt drives).
- Official extension Generate HTTP URL URL-encodes special characters in path.
- Bug fix:
- Wrong position of an icon on Login button, when Login dialog monitor DPI does not match system DPI.
- Failure when creating local directory or deleting local files, while no session is connected.
- Mouse selection is sometimes incorrectly initiated after inline remote file renaming.